Mobile Navigation


How do I become a participating venue?

A: Interested venues must meet the requirements below.

  1. You must be free and open to the public during the hours of at least 5-8pm on First Friday.

  2. You must host an art exhibition or performance that rotates on a frequency of 4-8 weeks.

  3. You must be located in the City of Portland. 

If you meet these requirements, you may submit your listing via our website. Detailed instructions on how to do so can be found here

When are listings due?

A: Listings are due the 15th of the month prior to the art walk in which you plan to participate. For example, if you are planning a show on April's First Friday, the listing must be submitted by March 15th.

My venue and/or listing isn't showing up on the map and listings page.

A: All venues and listings need to be approved by a moderator. Contact the First Friday Art Walk coordinator if it does not show up within 5-7 business days after submission.

My show is running for more than one month. How do I list this?

A: If you have already submitted the show for its first month, you will be able to copy (clone) the event, change the date to the next month, and re-submit. Unfortunately, you must submit an individual listing for each month that your show will be running. You may, however, submit the listings for all of the months at the same time. For example, you can submit the listings for May, June, and July all by the May deadline and they will be saved and published on the appropriate months. 

I am a performer interested in performing on the street. How do I participate?

A: In accordance with City Code Sec. 19-23, performance art is protected by the First Amendment. Street performers are not registered with Creative Portland, but should follow the regulations issued by the City of Portland. This includes obtaining a concert license for any amplified performances. Please email for more information about obtaining a concert license.

I am a musician who will be performing acoustically. Do I need a concert license? 

A: Acoustic performers DO NOT require a permit, but all performers, amplified or acoustic, must adhere to Section 4-57 of the city code and keep their sound below 92 decibels as measured 8 feet from the source of the sound. 
We have made the official rules by the City of Portland available here.

I am a food vendor interested in setting up on the street. How do I participate?

A: If you wish to sell food during Art Walk, you will need to get a permit from the City of Portland. Start by contacting Ted Musgrave (Special Activities Coordinator) at the City of Portland: 207 756-8275 or at tvm(at)

Where can I find a First Friday flyer?

A: Flyers are distributed to participating venues during art walk and are also available at the Creative Portland office at 84 Free Street. You can view the listings digitally on the First Friday homepage, via email by signing up for our newsletter, or on our Facebook page

I am having trouble logging into my account.

A: Try requesting a new password. If this does not work, please contact us at info(at) for assistance.

I am interested in being featured on the First Friday flyer.

A: Creative Portland staff choose each month's featured shows from the listings that are submitted by venues through our website. Including a high-resolution photograph and interesting description of the show will increase your chances of being selected. 

I am insterested in becoming a First Friday sponsor.

A: Fantastic! Please contact emily(at) for more information regarding sponsorship.

Still have unanswered questions? Email us at info(at) for more information.